Our link with Europe
The UK Flavour Association is a full member of the European Flavour Association (EFFA). Along with other national Associations within Europe, together we aim to promote and support a consistent European-wide strategy on flavour issues.
EFFA was established in 1961 with a mission to protect and enhance the flavour industry’s interests for the common benefit of its members and partners. EFFA’s members are flavouring companies that manufacture or blend flavours within the EU and it is made up of associations from across Europe.
The objectives of EFFA and its members are:
- To promote and support a consistent, European-wide strategy on flavour issues.
- To monitor flavour related EU legislation.
- To stimulate, co-ordinate and monitor best practice in regulatory, safety technical and scientific issues.
- To create networks and alliances with other European associations.
- To co-ordinate approved European work streams and projects.
With the date set for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union, legislation and regulations across all industries are set to be reviewed. As a globally-sourced industry, Brexit will not stop the UK Flavour Association's members from providing their customers with innovative solutions for consumers. As an Association, we are keeping a close eye on developments and have long-established relationships with key British institutions, such as the Food and Drink Federation (FDF), which will ensure our industry is considered and represented during relevant negotiations.
Visit the Food and Drink Federation’s website for information on the UK's future relationship with the EU for UK food and drink manufacturers. These pages will be updated as and when the Government's post-referendum plans become clearer.